Yesterday I was able to catch up for a bit with my best friend, Zach, in Oshkosh.
Every time we see each other we are always getting hyped up about different things in life – Zach with his music (He creates AMAZING covers of songs on YouTube you can see here. Seriously, you should click on the link to check them out and if you regret it you can blame me.) and me with my career in the fitness industry.
We always talk about many different topics like how we’ll succeed in our careers, the visions we have for our lives, places we’d like to travel to, girls – you know, best friend stuff.
One common denominator this time was this: ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.
I mean really, take some time to reflect and think about this for a second – anything is possible. Let that thought settle in your mind for a bit and then continue reading.
Now, I’m not just saying this to add some type of fluff to your life or some type of quick inspiration to get you excited for a day and then do nothing after that.
I’m asking you to really think about this saying deeply in how you live each and every day.
Do you not believe that anything is possible in your life? I’ll show you a few examples of people defying the odds to help you out.
- Michael Jordan was cut from the Varsity team as a Sophomore. He turned out to be pretty good.
- Albert Einstein couldn’t speak until he was 4 or read until he was 7 and his teachers thought he was mentally handicapped. What did he do? Oh nothing special, he just won the Nobel Prize.
- Oprah Winfrey was told she was “Unfit for TV” and was fired from her job as a television reporter. What does she do for a living again?
- Henry Ford was broke 5 different times from failed businesses early on in life. I would say the Ford Motor Company is rather well known these days.
- Walt Disney was fired from a job because “He lacked imagination and had no good ideas.” The Walt Disney brand makes BILLIONS of dollars each year. I think he might have had some imagination and a few good ideas.
If you still have any doubts about this whole anything is possible thing just look all around you at things that were once thought to be impossible or not even thought of at all – airplanes, cell phones, the internet, electricity, television, and the list goes on.
So when you are struggling, when you are down,when you are having a difficult time in your life remember that anything is possible.
Even when you aren’t struggling but maybe just aren’t happy with where you are at in your life remember that anything is possible.
Finally, when you have any doubts at all that you are capable of living the life you dream of remember that anything is possible.
Of course, this doesn’t mean that everything will come instantly to you, but a quote that has helped me keep my dreams alive is this one by Earl Nightingale:
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
So what if you want to lose 50 pounds, run a successful company, save the world, or whatever else you wish to do in your life. Regardless of what your dream is the time will pass anyway whether you decide to go after it or not. Might as well go after it. After all, anything is possible.
Have a great week and make the impossible possible.