In the last few weeks I’ve been transitioning from living in Green Bay to living in Milwaukee and with this transition of course comes the task of moving all of my clothes, furniture, bed, and other possessions.
Luckily, I had a good friend of mine with a truck help me transport my bed back to Milwaukee and also another friend of mine help me carry things to my car making the daunting task of moving a bit less daunting.
Today, I just finished up moving my 500+ pounds worth of weights and weight training equipment.
I had to take all of it from my car in the garage, through the hallway, down the stairs, and to the back corner my basement.
Thankfully, I again had some help – this time from my dad.
Though moving from Green Bay to Milwaukee at first seemed like an insurmountable task because of how many things I actually had to move, it became much easier once I just got started and had some help from friends and family.
Losing weight, burning fat, adding muscle, or becoming healthier is a lot of times just like moving.
The task of getting back in shape can seem daunting and because of this many people don’t even try. However, just like moving from one city two another, there are two keys:
- Get started. You have to start somewhere. I know this may seem obvious, but there is no way you are going to get anywhere if you don’t take the first step. Go for a bike ride, go for a walk, get a gym membership, play around with some body weight exercises at home – getting started is critical.
- Get help. Could I have successfully moved all of my stuff from Green Bay to Milwaukee by myself? Sure, I could have. Would it have taken tremendously more time? Yes indeed. If you are trying to get back in shape find some people to help you out. You could get a workout partner, a friend or family member to keep you accountable, or hire a personal trainer – the choice is all yours.
January is fast approaching and many of you will want to get in better shape this year. By just getting started with something and getting a little help you will drastically increase your chances of success.
If you need some more help or are looking at getting a personal trainer contact me. I’d be more than happy to help you out.
Have a great day!
- Getting Back In Shape (justingordon8.wordpress.com)
- How Jerry Lost 70 Pounds and How You Can Lose Weight Too (justingordon8.wordpress.com)
- High Existence: 30 Challenges for 30 Days (justingordon8.wordpress.com)