Dominating your trips to the grocery store is essential for fat loss.
It is also an important step in the 3 steps towards improved nutrition I talked about in a previous blog post.
Today I’m going to get right into things and show 3 tips to help you dominate your trip to the grocery store and get you on your way towards losing fat.
- Make a list…and stick to it! Sure, many of us have a list when we shop for groceries. It allows us to pick up the things we need and ensures we don’t forget anything – this is all fine and dandy. Where people go wrong is when they don’t stick to the list. You may have the best intentions with a great list of healthy foods, but if you don’t stick to it you’re in trouble. How can you ensure you stick to your list? Check out tip #2. How can you create a better list? Read this whole post 🙂
- Never go to the grocery store hungry. Like, ever. Don’t do it. Really, don’t. Going to the grocery store hungry is a recipe for disaster if you are trying to stick to the healthy foods on your list. Ideally, you would go to the grocery store after you just ate a meal or a snack of some sort. Packing a protein bar or some almonds in your car for those situations where you haven’t eaten but are going to go grocery shopping will help you as well.
- Stay on the perimeter and don’t linger in the interior. If you haven’t figured this out by now I’ll let you in on a little secret – most of the healthier foods are on the perimeter of the grocery store – stick to those areas. If you need to get something on your list from the interior aisles just enter the aisle, get your item, and get out. Passing through every aisle will only make it more difficult for you to stick to your list.
Following these 3 tips will help you dominate your next grocery store visit.
An important concept to take note of is that your success at the grocery store revolves around your list, but how can you make a better list?
Here are some questions to think about when you are creating your list:
- How much will you exercise this week?
- How many people are you shopping for this week?
- How often will you be dining out or entertaining this week?
- How busy is your work week?
Thinking about questions like these can help you create your list and plan for difficult situations that may come up during the week.
Want to learn more?
If you have been enjoying my posts thus far I encourage you to sign up for my email list where I’ll share with you even more insights to help you get fit and live life to the fullest.
You can sign up by clicking this link here and don’t worry, I’ll never give your information away to anybody else.
To work with me as your trainer in your home or online simply contact me. We’ll work together to improve your fitness, nutrition, and mindset to help you accomplish your goals and
Have a great day!